June 17, 2019
The Philippine Amateur Baseball Association (PABA) recently announced the names of the 18 youths who made it to the 2019 U15 Philippine baseball team.
PABA vice president and director for youth basketball Rodolfo Tingzon, Jr. said the following are this year's U15 PHL baseball team members:
1. Basañes, LM Francwin R. - Pasig City
2. Bautista, Ezykiel R. - Lipa City
3. Cahilo, Jose Emmanuel C. - Tanuan City
4. Cariño, Francis Cyrus V. - Tanuan City
5. Cuarto, Raven Paul G. - Muntinlupa City
6. De Castro, Niccolo Armando C. - Silang, Cavite
7. Dela Cruz, John Allen M. - Tanauan City
8. Ferrolino, Khristian Aleck A. - Caloocan City
9. Flores, Marco Daniel A. - Calamba City
10. Jarito, Kim Darwin S. - Pambujan, Northern Samar
11. Javier, Eman Jesie A. - Tanuan City
12. Laylo, Gerry Asher II T. - Lipa City
13. Matanguihan, Ram Gauvin P. - Tanauan City
14. Morillo, Mark B. - Tarlac City
15. Natanawan, John Mark V. - Pasig City
16. Roxas, Virgilio Jake P. - Lipa City
17. Terrible, Roan Vrix M. - Tanauan City
18. Vispo, Axl Ross S. - Tanauan City
The PHL Team U15 will represent the country at the 10th Baseball Federation of Asia (BFA) U15 Asian Championship in Shenzhen, China on August 17-26, 2019.
Held every two years, this competition is a pre-qualifier for the World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) U15 Baseball World Cup.
The team's coaching staff is composed of Ricardo Jimenez (head coach), Anthony Dizer Jr. (assistant coach), and Jaime Paningasan (admin).
The new team members bested 92 players from all over the country. Tryouts began on May 4 at the Rizal Memorial Baseball Stadium in Manila.
PABA said Team U15 will now begin training and team building.